Top 10 Fat Burning Foods
raw veggies and hummus
Here is a quick list of my top 10 fat burning foods plus a few pictures of quick healthy fat loss meals you can make with them.
These are actually pics from my new best body ever ebook and they are foods that helped me lose 30 lb of fat and that I eat often. One food I try to eat at least 3 times a day is veggies. They're filling, low calorie, and contain tons of nutrients your body needs to burn fat.
Again, how you choose to eat is totally up to you and if you're not sure what types of fat loss meals your body needs then you should definitely consult with a nutritionist or holistic health expert.
1. Organic chocolate whey protein powder - organic tastes so much better than most highly processed brands that you can eat it with a spoon (I'm not kidding). Try 2/3 scoop with 1/4 cup full fat yogurt, 1 tsp coconut oil and 1/2 banana.
2. Full fat organic yogurt or kefir or greek yogurt - low fat is chock full of sugar or artificial ingredients that get stored in your fat cells (want to get rid of cellulite, get rid of the artificial sweeteners)
3. Organic Veggies - all kinds especially dark leafy greens and super colorful ones like red and yellow peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and squash. Eat them at every meal and watch your belly get flat fast.
4. Organic Fruits - are great in shakes with yogurt in salads or with nuts. They fill you up, contain water, fiber and tons of nutrients your body needs to burn fat but 1-2 servings per day is more than enough for most people.
5. Beans - are not for everybody but if you can eat them they provide fiber, protein, are filling and make your meals interesting. Just 2-3 tbsp of garbanzo beans or hummus, black beans, or a mix of beans is great on a salad or with quinoa and wild rice.
6. Whole Grains - are not for everybody. Some people tolerate these carbs better than others and can lose fat by eating more carbs while some people need to keep their carbs to a bare minimum to get results. If you're not sure whether you're a fast or slow oxidizer be sure to take a test to find out. If your body can handle carbs then aim for 1-2 small servings a day of whole grain wild rice, quinoa, multi-grain bread, sweet potatoes, etc. or try Carb Rotation.
7. Organic Cottage Cheese - is a quick way to get protein and can be mixed with yogurt and fruit, eaten with veggies or added to all types of salad and used as an ingredient. I recommend the full fat version.
8. Free Range Eggs - is the easiest way to get your protein and you don't have to resort to using 3 egg whites and 2 eggs to get the right mix of protein to fat. 1-2 whole eggs cooked is all you need if you're a small woman or 2-3 eggs if you're a dude.
9. Healthy Fats - raw nuts, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, chia seeds, avocados, olive oil, sesame seeds, all natural nut butters, etc. are great but only in moderation. Measure your portions out with a tsp or tbsp so you don't overdo these healthy but high calorie foods.
10. Lean All Natural Proteins - hormone free chicken thighs or breasts, beef, bison, turkey, and certain types of fish are a must for maintaining lean muscle while you lose fat. Remember that looking toned is a result of lower body fat and a decent amount of lean muscle mass.
*Fat Burning Foods Tip: Try to buy organic, free range, all natural, local as often as you can. It does make a big difference in how efficient your body is at burning fat. If you want to learn more about this read Naked Calories: How Micronutrients Can Maximize Weight Loss, Prevent Disease and Enhance Your Life by Mira & Jayson Calton. The info in this book will shock you and help you make better choices. You can also check out Mike Geary's article: Lean Body Foods.